Intro to Microcontroller Programming Course with Lab
Whether you’ve never written a single word of code or you’ve been doing it for years, this trainer package will give you a thorough introduction to Microcontroller Programming.
The microcontroller used on the board is the PIC16F1937 from Microchip. The programming language is BASIC using the PICBASIC PRO Compiler from ME Labs. The programming skills you develop here will apply to any microcontroller in any programming language.
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/10
- Learn the fundamental concepts of programming, from plain-English descriptions of software tools to concepts including program flow, loops, coding techniques, binary manipulation, device-to-device communication, user-interface design, and more
- 14 Lessons use a building-block approach to teach you incrementally, from a 6-line program to a working user-interface
- Tutorial assumes no prior knowledge of programming
- All necessary hardware and software included, all you need is a computer with a standard USB port
- Includes real development tools and technology that professional engineers use, including PICBASIC PRO(tm) Compiler and a PICMicro(R) microcontroller
- Includes a Student Edition of PBP which supports a limited selection of devices (12F683, 16F688, 16F690, 16F88, 16F886, 18F25K20, 18F25K22, 18F2550, 16F1937)
- Program in simple BASIC language while learning concepts that can be applied to any programming language on any hardware platform
Trainer board features:
Built-in device programmer
Digital temperature sensor
RGB color globe
Installation and use of software
Blinking an indicator for a system test
Reading inputs and driving outputs
Displaying text on an LCD
Reading analog voltages
PWM explained and demonstrated
Using on-chip timers
Simple machine-interrupt for time-keeping
Reusing previous lesson code to construct a working user-interface
Binary tricks of the trade
RS-232 Serial Communication with a PC
I2C Communication with a digital sensor
Configuration of a microcontroller
Reading a microcontroller datasheet
Each chapter will serve to introduce one or two new concepts and in many cases will also incorporate lessons from previous chapters. The exercises offered at the end of each chapter are designed to challenge you to put into practice the lessons from both that chapter as well as those from previous chapters.
As with any language, proficiency comes from practice, and the more engaged you become in the exercises the more fluent you’ll become with PICBASIC PRO!
How do I order the Intro to Microcontroller Programming Course with Lab?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 243-6446 and ask for course 02-821.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $121.95 (includes $16.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Order online or call (800) 243-6446.